Integrative Health and Healing
As an integrative medicine physician, I believe in healing-oriented medicine that takes account of the whole person, including body, mind and spirit. I recognize the importance of the therapeutic relationship. Together, we will explore your life goals in order to optimize health and wellbeing. If you already have developed signs and symptoms of disease, then we will explore the meaning behind what you are currently experiencing creating meaningful solutions to restore health and wellbeing.
As an integrative health coach, our partnership empowers you to make lasting health behavior changes that are the cornerstones of lifelong wellbeing. It bridges the gap between medical recommendations and your abilities to successfully implement those recommendations into your complex life. For more details about integrative health coaching see my recent post.
Cornerstones to Lifelong Wellbeing
2. Physical fitness
3. Restorative Sleep & Rest
4. Weight management
Integrative Health and Healing Services:
As a cardiologist, I am well trained in the diagnosis and management of cardiovascular disease. As an integrative health specialist, my goal is to help you find your best solutions for the prevention and reversal of heart disease and associated risk factors.
Three Reasons Individuals Seek Services
- Individuals with established cardiovascular disease using a more holistic and integrative approach to management
- Individuals with known risk factors for cardiovascular disease including high blood pressure, elevated cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, weight management, and smoking
- Individual who desire assessment of cardiovascular risk and management of risk
- Restoration & maintenance of general health and wellbeing using a personalized approach in collaboration with other health providers when needed
- Nutritional counseling
- Physical fitness guidance
- Stress management solutions
- Restorative sleep & rest
- Environmental medicine including tobacco, alcohol and environmental toxicity
- Nurturing relationships
In partnership with you, I offer you my personalized and enhanced services as an investment in your health and wellbeing. In order to provide you this scope of service, I no longer participate with insurance, Medicare or Medicaid.
The cost of an initial consult is $375 with a wide range of packages available for diagnostic testing and follow-up.
KardiaMobile by AliveCor
Take a medical-grade single lead EKG anytime, anywhere. In just 30 seconds, detect normal heart rhythm or AFib.
This heart rate and rhythm monitoring technology is available through my office to help you detect the cause of palpitations or irregularity in heart rhythm. It is also proven technology for detection of arrhythmias such as atrial fibrillation.
Take away the guess work, make an appointment today.
EndoPAT™: Finding Vascular Disease Before It Finds You!
This 15 minute test is performed just like taking a blood pressure but much more information is obtained. This test assesses the health of the lining of your blood vessels, otherwise known as endothelial function. The healthier your endothelial function the lower the risk for heart attacks, strokes, poor circulation, gangrene and many other chronic conditions.
- It is safe and simple
- Highly accurate and reproducible
- Scientifically validated
- Requires no medications or radiation exposure
Learn more about the EndoPAT™ test
The average adult has over 100,000 miles of blood vessels contained in their body. These vessels provide the nutrients to the cells, tissues and organs of the body. The lining of these vessels is called the endothelium. A healthy endothelium is responsible for the delivery of nutrients and removal of unwanted toxins from each and every cell of the body. These cells become sick when blood flow is impaired as a result of endothelial dysfunction, which can lead to a multitude of chronic adverse health conditions such as heart disease and neurodegenerative disorders like dementia.
Be pro-active in reducing your risk for heart disease and many other chronic health conditions.
Who should take the EndoPAT™ test
The earlier you diagnose a cardiac condition and initiate a cardio-protective program, the better off you are. Typical candidates include men between the ages of 40 and 70 and women between the ages of 50 to 70 with one or more of the following risk factors for heart disease:
- Cigarette smoking
- Elevated cholesterol level
- Family history of heart disease (sudden death, heart attack, or need for angioplasty or bypass surgery) in a first-degree male relative (parents or siblings) 55 years old or less, or a first-degree female relative 65 years old or less.
- High blood pressure
- Sedentary lifestyle
If you have multiple risk factors, or one particularly severe risk factor, you need to talk to your physician about earlier intervention. For example, if you are a 35-year-old male and your father died at the age of 41 of a heart attack, an EndoPAT test would be warranted.
If you have a genetic markers that predicts increased risk for cardiovascular disease then period surveillance of endothelial function may be warranted.
If you are interested in pursuing health optimization then screening can be done at any age.
Follow these simple instructions for your EndoPAT™ test:
- Take your normal medications
- Avoid eating at least 4 hours prior to the test
- Avoid coffee, tea, soft drinks containing caffeine, energy drinks, chocolate, or orange juice for 12 hours prior to the test
Contact the office location nearest you to schedule your EndoPAT™ test today.
BEMER Vascular Therapy
BEMER uses a patented electronic signal to improve blood flow in the smallest vessels of the body, often referred to as the microcirculation. This delivers many important benefits to users including significant improvements in:
- Nutrition and oxygen supply to cells
- Cardiac function
- Sleep management
- Elimination of toxins
- Physical fitness and endurance
- Muscle stimulation
- Stress reduction and relaxation
Although BEMER is designed for personal use at home, it is now available for you to try out at Sleeping Bear Natural Health in Traverse City, Michigan.
Call (231) 252-9000 today and schedule your BEMER experience.
Cost: $35 for a single session, $300 for a 10-session pack, $500 for a 20-session pack. I recommend a minimum of 3 sessions per week, optimal home use in twice a day. Benefits may not be immediately noticable.
Click here to learn more about BEMER.
*Dave Johnson, MD is an independent business distributor for BEMER.
* David Johnson, MD is an independent practitioner at Grand Rapids Natural Health and Sleeping Bear Natural Health.